Skip to main content

Day 980 in lockdown?

Are we flattening the curve? It seems that the numbers are not climbing as sharply in our country at present, or is it the calm before the storm? I sincerely hope it’s the former, and that we are winning this invisible war with the swift action taken, and the stay-at-home orders from our president.

I pray that the other parts of the world that are severely affected, find solutions soon and minimize the loss of more lives.

I have lost count of the days in lockdown... They are all blurring together in a frenzy of cleaning house, tidying up and packing, and unpacking the dishwasher. Our dishwasher has never worked harder than during this period!

"Cleaning with kids in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating a KitKat."


I am cleaning house like we are getting visitors, but as soon as my back is turned, it seems like 2 mini toy tornadoes hit the area I just cleaned... This is messing with my OCD, and the more I tell myself to chill and let it be, the more I clean against the endless rage of mess around me!

The last couple of days have been hectic at home. I can honestly say that I am definitely not bored during the lockdown, with these kiddos keeping me busy, tending to work stuff, and just general day to day activities at home. Also binge-watching a series on Showmax, when it's my 'turn' for TV time - which is usually late at night.

It’s been a trying time, with the death of a close family member; a 2-year-old birthday during the lockdown; needing to find a new job ASAP and companies not hiring at present; and then the rain keeping us inside our house for the last day - adding to the angst of it all.

I have been very down these last couple of days, dealing with the realities of life while confined to our house, with the rain pouring down. A good friend reminded me that the sun will come out again tomorrow. It was hard for me to see, with the dark cloud hanging over me. But today is a new day, the rain washed the earth clean, and the sun did come out.

And then there are the muddy puddles left by the rain... which immediately sent my little one running for her pink rain boots. Jumping in muddy puddles is one of her favourite activities, courtesy of her favourite series - Peppa Pig.



Laundry is on the agenda today. Loads and loads of laundry, while the sun is shining...

I try to stay positive while I dream of happier times... times we watched the sun set over the ocean from my father’s house. I am reminded that the sun will rise again tomorrow.




Stay safe. Stay home. Let’s help flatten this curve together.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lock-down is imminent

We are a couple of hours away from a complete lockdown of our country…  This was unchartered territory for most people on earth, until COVID-19 (aka the Coronavirus) hit the planet. Oh, the panic that is gripping our country (and surely other countries around the world)… The panic-buying and stockpiling, but also the panic of what this lockdown will bring… The army has been deployed in South Africa to manage this lock-down period. What does this mean, and how will they operate? That is yet to be seen. The government is very forthcoming with the rules that will be imposed, and the fines and punishment if these are not obeyed. But what does a lockdown mean, and more importantly, how are we going to get through this 21-day forced isolation? And what will society look like when we get to the other side? For many, it must be very daunting that there will be no restaurants, no Uber Eats or fast-food outlets in operation; no online shopping or deliveries; no shopping at all basical

Lockdown extension - we knew it was coming...

So it happened, the lockdown has been extended. Am I surprised? Not at all. And I have all the faith in our president for the decisions he has made thus far. Fast, decisive action. I am praying that this is what will save our nation from experiencing devastating loss of life. That this decision, and the other measures government is working on, willl curb the spread of this dread disease, and contain those that are infected. I have stopped following the news updates and the rapidly climbing figures as it spreads like an uncontained wildfire through the world. There is so much going on right here. But I still pray for all the affected countries. Day 14 is over. A further 21 days to come. For the most part things are ok. Yesterday was a sad day. Went to a funeral of someone very close to us. There were 7 people in the church for the memorial service, but nearly 100 devices signed in to listen via a live link. Estimated to be more than 200 people who watched it live. How amazing tha